SS Wafer Head Self Drilling Screw
Material: Stainless Steel
Head Type: Wafer Head
Point Type: Self Drilling
Color: Plain,Zinc Plated
Screw Length: 9.5mm~127mm
Packing: Small box or bulk in carton with or without pallet
Service: OEM/ODM is accepted
Stainless Steel Self Drilling Screws come with a sharp, piercing tip or a flat, blunt tip. The sharp tipped screws are designed for drilling their own hole into softer materials such as wood and plastic so they don’t need a pilot hole. Stainless steel self drilling screws advantage of the flat-tipped screw is that it won’t get stuck in the material and break off.
Stainless Steel Self Drilling Screws
The difference between self-tapping screws and self-drilling screws
- The most important difference between self-tapping and self-drilling screws is that self-tapping screws cannot go through metal without a pilot hole, which must be pre-drilled or pre-punched.
- Unlike self-tapping screws, self-drilling screws need no pilot hole to cut and fasten; they can drill, tap, and fasten in one go, which saves you the extra step of drilling, then fastening.
- etween these two, however, self-drilling screws offer two distinct advantages: time and costs saved at assembly time, and reduced error in installation, which often happens if one pre-drills holes in the wrong size.
- Securing gutter systems
- Shed, warehouse and carport construction
- Garage door fastenings
- Metal roofing installation
- Electrical projects